Free eDiscovery Podcasts
Why should there be any interest in a free resource on electronic discovery where top experts share their opinions and tips? The reason is the cost of electronic discovery and the newness of it. For hundreds of years, discovery in litigation was looking through boxes and reviewing documents. At the turn of this century, there was a realization that most information is no longer stored in paper. The majority of communication is done electronically over tools like email. As a result, the complexity of discovery in litigation increased because most lawyers are not technologists. They had difficulty understanding the differences between paper discovery and electronic discovery.
Producing ESIBytes requires significant time, effort and resources. Our free podcasts would not be possible without the generous support of JurInnov, ReviewLess and the many guests who have appeared on our shows throughout the years.
Podcasts by Subject
- 15 April 2014 : Advisory Committee Approves Proposed Amendments to Civil Rules, Next Stop Standing Committee!
- 8 April 2014 : Following Public Comment, Changes Recommended to the Proposed Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- 24 March 2014 : Rule 34(b)(2)(E)(i) “Documents” Do Not Include ESI, Requirement to Produce in the Usual Course of Business or to Label to Correspond to Categories in the Request Does Not Apply
- 11 March 2014 : Sanctions Imposed for Manipulation of Metadata to Conceal Use of Unproduced Computer
- 3 March 2014 : Upcoming Event: Mastering E-Discovery, Litigation Holds & Metadata (Live CLE/Telephonic Seminar, organized by The Rossdale Group)
- 28 February 2014 : Preservation Costs Survey: The Results are In!
- 21 February 2014 : In Case You Missed It: ABA Working Group Publishes “Best Practices Report on Electronic Discovery (ESI) Issues in Bankruptcy Cases”
For more news stories, please click here.