Free eDiscovery Podcasts
Why should there be any interest in a free resource on electronic discovery where top experts share their opinions and tips? The reason is the cost of electronic discovery and an ongoing lack of engagement with new tools and best practices. For hundreds of years, discovery in litigation was looking through boxes and reviewing paper documents. At the turn of this century, there was a realization that most information is no longer stored in paper format. The majority of communication is now stored in binary code format because it is created on computers. As a result, the complexity of discovery in litigation increased because most lawyers are not technologists. Many faced difficulties transitioning from paper discovery to electronic discovery. Consequently, the goal of our educational podcasts is to help “crack the code” of eDiscovery so that best practices become more widely adopted.
Producing ESIBytes requires significant time, effort and resources. Our free podcasts would not be possible without the generous support of JURINNOV, Inspired Review, TCDI, and the many guests who have appeared on our shows throughout the years.
JURINNOV has offices in Clevleand, Ohio and Greensboro, North Carolina and offers:
Inspired Review is located in New York and offers:
TCDI is located in Greensboro, North Carolina and offers:
- 7 April 2017 : Court Concludes Rule 37(e) Does Not Apply to “situations where, as here, a party intentionally deleted the recording”
- 3 April 2017 : Sedona Principles Revised, Public Comment Welcomed
- 23 March 2017 : Sanctions Imposed for Loss of ESI Transferred in Sale of Business
- 9 March 2017 : Privilege Waived as to Unprotected Information on File Share Site
- 3 March 2017 : Judge Peck Issues “Wake-up Call” Regarding Appropriate Responses to Discovery
- 22 February 2017 : Court Grants Motion to Compel Reproduction in Requested Format
- 14 February 2017 : “Troubling” Activity with No Proof of Spoliation Insufficient to Warrant Sanctions
For more news stories, please click here.