Free eDiscovery Podcasts
Why should there be any interest in a free resource on electronic discovery where top experts share their opinions and tips? The reason is the cost of electronic discovery and an ongoing lack of engagement with new tools and best practices. For hundreds of years, discovery in litigation was looking through boxes and reviewing paper documents. At the turn of this century, there was a realization that most information is no longer stored in paper format. The majority of communication is now stored in binary code format because it is created on computers. As a result, the complexity of discovery in litigation increased because most lawyers are not technologists. Many faced difficulties transitioning from paper discovery to electronic discovery. Consequently, the goal of our educational podcasts is to help “crack the code” of eDiscovery so that best practices become more widely adopted.
Producing ESIBytes requires significant time, effort and resources. Our free podcasts would not be possible without the generous support of JURINNOV, ReviewLess and the many guests who have appeared on our shows throughout the years.
JURINNOV has offices in Clevleand, Ohio and Washington D.C. and offers:
ReviewLess is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and offers:
- 3 May 2016 : Deflategate Reinflated: Second Circuit Reinstates Brady Suspension for Participating in Deflation Scheme and Obstructing Investigation
- 13 April 2016 : Finding Application of Recently-Amended Rule 37(e) “Neither Unjust Nor Impractical,” Court Imposes Adverse Inference
- 8 April 2016 : Update: CAT3 Dismissed, Along with Motion for Sanctions
- 5 April 2016 : UPCOMING EVENT: RULES AMENDMENTS ROADSHOW
- 5 April 2016 : Relevance “Not Good Enough” Says Court Granting Motion for Protective Order
- 30 March 2016 : No Sanctions for Failure to Halt Automatic Deletion of Text Messages
- 16 March 2016 : Court Conducts Separate Analyses for Loss of Tangible Things and ESI, Declines to Impose Sanctions
For more news stories, please click here.