Free eDiscovery Podcasts
Why should there be any interest in a free resource on electronic discovery where top experts share their opinions and tips? The reason is the cost of electronic discovery and an ongoing lack of engagement with new tools and best practices. For hundreds of years, discovery in litigation was looking through boxes and reviewing paper documents. At the turn of this century, there was a realization that most information is no longer stored in paper format. The majority of communication is now stored in binary code format because it is created on computers. As a result, the complexity of discovery in litigation increased because most lawyers are not technologists. Many faced difficulties transitioning from paper discovery to electronic discovery. Consequently, the goal of our educational podcasts is to help “crack the code” of eDiscovery so that best practices become more widely adopted.
Producing ESIBytes requires significant time, effort and resources. Our free podcasts would not be possible without the generous support of JURINNOV, ReviewLess and the many guests who have appeared on our shows throughout the years.
JURINNOV has offices in Clevleand, Ohio and Washington D.C. and offers:
ReviewLess is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and offers:
- 28 June 2016 : Contents of Personal Computers and Email Accounts Within Scope of Discovery, Search Ordered by Court
- 22 June 2016 : Court Orders Native Production Absent Explanation of Allegedly Burdensome Cost and Upon Showing of Good Cause
- 9 June 2016 : “Just as a plaintiff may not take discovery regarding unpled claims, so a defendant is precluded from seeking discovery concerning unpled defenses.”
- 31 May 2016 : Plaintiff’s “Lackadaisical attitude towards document preservation” Results in Prejudice to Defendant, Sanctions
- 23 May 2016 : Once Again, UK Court Approves Use of Predictive Coding
- 17 May 2016 : Citing Restoration and Production of Deleted Emails, Court Denies Sanctions
- 11 May 2016 : Court Orders Production of “Download Your Info” Report from Facebook
For more news stories, please click here.