Free eDiscovery Podcasts
Why should there be any interest in a free resource on electronic discovery where top experts share their opinions and tips? The reason is the cost of electronic discovery and the newness of it. For hundreds of years, discovery in litigation was looking through boxes and reviewing documents. At the turn of this century, there was a realization that most information is no longer stored in paper. The majority of communication is done electronically over tools like email. As a result, the complexity of discovery in litigation increased because most lawyers are not technologists. They had difficulty understanding the differences between paper discovery and electronic discovery.
Producing ESIBytes requires significant time, effort and resources. Our free podcasts would not be possible without the generous support of JurInnov, ReviewLess and the many guests who have appeared on our shows throughout the years.
Podcasts by Subject
- 3 March 2014 : Upcoming Event: Mastering E-Discovery, Litigation Holds & Metadata (Live CLE/Telephonic Seminar, organized by The Rossdale Group)
- 28 February 2014 : Preservation Costs Survey: The Results are In!
- 21 February 2014 : In Case You Missed It: ABA Working Group Publishes “Best Practices Report on Electronic Discovery (ESI) Issues in Bankruptcy Cases”
- 14 February 2014 : Motion for Sanctions Denied Absent Evidence of Timing of Destruction to Establish Bad Faith
- 10 February 2014 : Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace: Comment Period on Proposed Amendments to Federal Rules Closes February 15, 2014
- 24 January 2014 : Text Messaging/Phone Records Establish Anticipation of Litigation; Spoliation Sanctions for Selective Preservation of Messages
- 17 January 2014 : No Adverse Inference for Damage to Only Copy of Disk Absent Evidence of Materiality; Monetary Sanctions Imposed
For more news stories, please click here.