Free eDiscovery Podcasts
Why should there be any interest in a free resource on electronic discovery where top experts share their opinions and tips? The reason is the cost of electronic discovery and an ongoing lack of engagement with new tools and best practices. For hundreds of years, discovery in litigation was looking through boxes and reviewing paper documents. At the turn of this century, there was a realization that most information is no longer stored in paper format. The majority of communication is now stored in binary code format because it is created on computers. As a result, the complexity of discovery in litigation increased because most lawyers are not technologists. Many faced difficulties transitioning from paper discovery to electronic discovery. Consequently, the goal of our educational podcasts is to help “crack the code” of eDiscovery so that best practices become more widely adopted.
Producing ESIBytes requires significant time, effort and resources. Our free podcasts would not be possible without the generous support of JURINNOV, ReviewLess and the many guests who have appeared on our shows throughout the years.
JURINNOV has offices in Clevleand, Ohio and Washington D.C. and offers:
ReviewLess is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and offers:
- 28 July 2015 : In Case You Missed It! Discovery of Social Media: Legal and Practical Considerations
- 21 July 2015 : Noting Reliance Solely on Cost of Discovery, Court Rejects Proportionality Objection
- 2 July 2015 : Satellite Image Labeled with Automatically Generated “Tack” and GPS Coordinates Not Hearsay
- 23 June 2015 : Upcoming Event: Discovery of Social Media: Legal and Practical Considerations
- 19 June 2015 : Court Finds Wife Liable for Agent-Husband’s Intentional Deletions, Recommends Default Judgment
- 10 June 2015 : Court Declines to Compel Production of Backup Tapes, Active Emails in Native Format
- 27 May 2015 : In Patent Case, Court Indicates Importance of Damages Disclosures to Proportionality Calculation
For more news stories, please click here.